Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit "the ponds" today and did pretty good! Caught six cats weighing about 3 lbs each. Then I tried for bass and caught three HUGE bass 6" long each. LOL Fished from the first pond and used leeches for the cats and fished a jig n' pig for the bass.

·
Registered
156 Posts
nice to hear the reports still coming in catmann, i need to get out but with school and work its been tough lately. I never knew cats hit leeches, you learn something new each day ;D

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Leeches are a good bait for cats this time of year.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey catmann how do you rig your leeches and why do they work better this time of year

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hook three or four on a #1 hook and float them. I'm not sure why they seem to do better this time of year. It just seems that come September of every year when I switch to leeches I do better with them than other baits.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'll have to give it a try ...In early spring I use them for bass fishing and they work great ....

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those 'hawgs hit'em hard during the spring. Go up to Spinney or 11mile with leeches and floats and watch out! Man O Man! :eek:

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
dont call me for bail when you fish spinney with leaches!...lol

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
catmann29 said:
I hear somethin' clucking and its yellow! :-*
yup!

but i tell ya what if you drop some leaches thru the ice at spinny this winter ill send ya a post card while your on that "state paid vacation"...lol

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, as they said on the Titanic, "Floats! Floats! Don't fergit yur floats!" LOL

AS for YOU, Roadkill, watch the comments about "state paid vacations" because I am on one, probably for the rest of my life! Seriously! (But its okay to joke with me like that. I take no offense EXCEPT when someone questions my reports! LOL 8))

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
catmann29 said:
Well, as they said on the Titanic, "Floats! Floats! Don't fergit yur floats!" LOL

AS for YOU, Roadkill, watch the comments about "state paid vacations" because I am on one, probably for the rest of my life! Seriously! (But its okay to joke with me like that. I take no offense EXCEPT when someone questions my reports! LOL 8))
i forgot about the other "state paid vactions"

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Catman, or should I say eyeguy.

Next time you are going fishing let me know. I have a camera and will record you exploits.
I think my neighbor had it right, this site is realling getting full of it.

Terre

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
TL said:
catmann29 said:
Try Cut Bait! You'll never go back! ;D
I like cut bait for Flatheads on smaller faster flowing rivers. i do like to use bobbers (slip) & leeches on larger bodies of water when the Channels are spawning. They seem to like nice big rocks, they find a hole in the rocks & lie there.
Flatheads prefer live bait over cutbait,.

TAL0362 said:
Catman, or should I say eyeguy.

Next time you are going fishing let me know.  I have a camera and will record you exploits.
I think my neighbor had it right, this site is realling getting full of it. 

Terre
Why was this report so hard for you to believe? What makes you think this site is full of it?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Exploits? What the he!!? If you don't likw what I report, Terre, then don't f#$%ing read it! :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
943 Posts
hey guys lets keep it civil please

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, I should. Sorry! Some people's comments offend me easily.

·
Registered
988 Posts
catmann29 said:
Exploits?  What the he!!?  If you don't likw what I report, Terre, then don't f#$%ing read it! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I agree with catmann29. This forum is perfect the way it is. If you don't like it, well, don't read it.

I'm not picking sides at all. Just want to make it clear. Maybe some of the things here are bogus but for the most part, these reports are awesome. We all like to chat about fishing that's why we're here, don't forget.

Not saying but, if catmann29 really is eyeguy. Let it be. He probably loves fishing just as much as we all do.

Peace out everyone.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts