Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jerry and I headed out this morning to the E-mile. Wind wasn't to bad when we left the house but got worse as the day went on. Kind of wind where only one us could get out of the hut at a time. Its really blowing now! Was gonna head up to Green Mt. Res. today, but cancelled those plans after the winter storm/blizzard warning for that area. Try again in March, as were headed down to Blue Mesa next week. :( We didn't catch a fish. I had 3 hits on the Automatic Fisherman and missed them all, but only 1 hit tripped it. Had 1 good hit in the ice hut. Jerry didn't even have a hit. Last 3 trips to the mile have been pretty sad. Gonna try Skaguay Res. tommorrow. Anyone been there lately?

·
Registered
151 Posts
That sucks to hear man, were headed up there this weekend to get ready for the tourney, so hopefully we can get some fish in. as for skaguay(if I spelt that right) I heard is doing pretty good. Dont know anything about the ice up there, but heard red jig heads tipped with waxies is doing the trick in the main cove by the boat ramp, good luck, tight lines.

DH

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. DH. I'll let everyone know how we do tommorrow. Was only 5 other anglers that we could see out at the mile today.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Skunks suck, but at least you got hits. Sounds like you have a lot of interesting trips coming up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts