Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the mile this morning from 7:45-11:30am. Went to Sucker Cove first. Every lurker, non-poster, and information gather from the website was there. No bites, no fish and to many anglers. Went on down to Howbert Point and tried. No bites here either. Stopped by the Dream Stream and threw a Kasty for a bit. Had a monster 24-25 inch brown trout hit it but missed him. :mad: Next tried Stoll Mt. A little ice there yet and pretty cold in the hip boots. Next went to the boat ramp area. Tried east of the marina, to shallow. Went west of the marina and that's when the wind went from a gentle breeze, to 2 foot whitecaps. Said I'll see you next week E-mile and she gave me the middle fin and I drove off. >:D

·
Registered
340 Posts
edb, great post. I was on the dream last wednesday and the wind was howling. I threw a few flies at it before giving it the middle fin. And I wondered how many people would shoot to elevenmile after slayer's post. Anyway, thanks again, very entertaining!

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
I fished Cross Creek today, and a couple of other spots at Eleven Mile also. Same results. :'( I was at Suckers about 11am and saw a few people but nobody seemed to be catching.

I heard this strange steady rumbling sound, thought at first it was industrial machinery. Realized after a while it was the ice breaking up in the wind on the other side of the lake.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Not sure if you were the guys with the kids to the right of us, but we were the ones fishing the point at Suckers Cove. We had a couple of bites early around 8ish but nothing after that we stayed til the wind blew us off the lake around 12.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Wow, sounds like you tried pretty much everywhere and everything Jeff. Sometimes the Mile is like that, and thats also what keeps you coming back for more....."the challenge!" ;D We were there last night and did alright. Too bad you didn't land the monster brown....maybe next week....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts