Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
took awhile this fall but finally the bigger ones are coming out, lost more than I caught ,was a little brezey in the morning, water temp was 52,most came from 22 to 27 fow.nothing huge biggest was 16, but compared to the 8incher ive been getting it was good.beautful autum day in colorado.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh im so embarrassed,i fixed it, but you were right minnows was the trick again.you should try em there cheaper then the two blade baits I lost do to snags

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
you should try em there cheaper then the two blade baits I lost do to snags
Not if you make your own.... Blades cost me about $3 after hooks and rings. Last time I checked minnows are slightly more. Besides, you can catch many fish on a blade and it never dies or tears off after one or two fish. Live bait is a hassle IMO. Even Zman plastics end up being cheaper if you super glue them to the jig heads. Caught over 50 fish at a lake not to long ago on one Zman plastic before I lost it to a snag.

·
Registered
16,622 Posts
Not if you make your own.... Blades cost me about $3 after hooks and rings. Last time I checked minnows are slightly more. Besides, you can catch many fish on a blade and it never dies or tears off after one or two fish. Live bait is a hassle IMO. Even Zman plastics end up being cheaper if you super glue them to the jig heads. Caught over 50 fish at a lake not to long ago on one Zman plastic before I lost it to a snag.
Preaching to the choir, Ninja. I try and try to help Glenn. I show him over and over and over again how to work the blade. He has a minnow mind.;D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts