Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since hearing all the buzz about this little lake, I went down there from 6-8 in the eveing. I started out at the boat ramp and worked my way down the dam. Using a Rapala perch pattern glass shad rap, I casted in parallal fashion to the damn. Within an hour, I caught five juvenile LMB and one decent wiper. I also saw an older gentlemen doing well from the pier catching crappie on live minnows and a slip bobber. The weather was warm and the skies were clear. It's a very nice looking lake and in a very nice area. I'll probably go back this weekend.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I guess its not a secret anymore lol.. ;D

·
Registered
685 Posts
I USED TO LIVE IN PARKER. THERE'S REALLY FISH THERE? LOL I NEVER HAD ANY LUCK BUT I WAS KIND OF LOOKING FOR THE OTHER FISH CUZ I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL THEN. GLAD TO SEE YOU FOUND SOME. AND IT SOUNDS LIKE SOME NICE BASS FISHIN TOO ::)
LOVE THE LOGO BY THE WAY
GO BRONCS!

·
Registered
410 Posts
How big would you say this place is? Is it a pond, tiny lake, or an average metro size lake? This place sounds great I can't wait to find time.

O0

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The lake is a small to medium sized neighborhood lake. It's located in the middle of the Pinery Country Club and provides water for the golf course there.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any time Michael. I'll probably be heading down there this weekend. 719-231-2553.

-Brian

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just got back to the office from fishing there. I was fishing at the south end of the dam. There are some tree stumps in the water there and there were tons of small minnows (shad) there. Every once in a while you would see a larger fish move into a mass of them and the shad would scatter and jump out of the water!

I figured this would be a good place to fish. I threw out a small white curly tail plastic grub and thought I had snagged a log. Nope! My line started to steadily get stripped from my reel and for the next 10 Minutes (Really) I fought this thing. It kept steady pressure on my line and once in a while I would reel in a little just to have it stripped out seconds later. Unfortunately it got off after 10 minutes.

I talked to another fisherman out there and he seemed to think I had a wiper on. Sure would have liked to get a look at him!

Also, looks like carp are spawning on the south edge of the lake right next to shore. You can see them.

·
Registered
239 Posts
There are wipers in there from 4 to 14lbs. I walked the dog around it yesterday. Someone was catching crappie by the boat ramp. Nice, small lake. Hope they don't ruin it by keeping the fish from there, even though
there's signs posted to encourage catch and release.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts