Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw that it's open to the common folk this year and was wondering if anyone has tried it yet? I need to my 12 year old to to catch something!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I was over there during my Spring Break since my parents live in the Pinery. The water level was still VERY low, as in you didn't really hit any water until you walked about 15 to 20 feet down off the bank. This was back in the middle of March though so I dunno if any water has been let in, but I think the lake should be some good fishing this year since they have really cleaned up the place and have put in some structure for the fish to hang out at or spawn.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, I saw the water is up alot but didn't know about the under water work. just what I need --More snags! Think we will try it Sun PM

·
Registered
213 Posts
Wouldn't hurt to try. I'm not sure how warm the water would be either, even though that lake is pretty green I'm not sure how quickly it warms. It seems to be about the same consistancy as a lake I fish up here in FoCo but the one up here is smaller and shallower and it only reached about 58 at 3 this afternoon so don't be surprised if its still too cold. There aren't any trout in there so Bass, Crappie, Carp, Wiper, or Walleye would be your targets and I'm not sure how active they'll be. I've never caught anything out of that lake besides Crappie and Bass, though we almost had a Wiper last summer, but that was in June or July. Good luck to you though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts