Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search through the forums and found alot of info, but there mostly from 2005-2007 era. Then i did a google search and found 1 website with some information but not what i was looking for. So....I turn to anyone on here. Has anyone recently fished Bingham lake? What fish did you catch? I heard there were wipers but i dont know if they are still stocked. Pretty much any information would help. Also any fly fishing tips would be great since I use spinning reels and fly rods. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
I have been there a couple times and have never done any good..... I heard the place was awesome until people took all the fish home for dinner. :(

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well thats too bad. I saw a video of a guy catching big wiper out of that lake and wanted to see if it was still full of good fish. Know any other places to fly fish for some wipers besides pueblo?

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Well thats too bad. I saw a video of a guy catching big wiper out of that lake and wanted to see if it was still full of good fish. Know any other places to fly fish for some wipers besides pueblo?
Jackson Lake

·
Registered
9,427 Posts

pueblo isn't much good to fly fish for wipers anymore, the bio mass of wipers was only 4% last year. when it was up to 45% years ago it was awesome

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
did they stop stocking them??

no they still stock them when they can get them, but not in the numbers they were stocking. this year they had 800,000 but they were in bad condition and they hope to get 10% to make it the first year and maybe 2% to make it to 3 years. back in the 90s they would put 1,400,000 per year in.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I wonder if there are any wiper still in there at all? I bet there are still some good fish in there just not in any sort of numbers. Im sure it has bass

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm almost willing to find out. My father is a wipper addict and I was hoping to taking him one day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts