Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this site and really enjoy reading the various posts by everyone. I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge on Bingham lake or Pinery lake in Parker, CO. I heard they just opened the lake to the public. I have fished the lake a few times but have only caught several small bass (5-7 inch range). Is this typical? What other fish are in the lake? Is the lake stocked with trout?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  :D :D

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
hey there welcome, i dont get that way offten but there are a few folks here from them parts that can probably shed some light for ya

good luck

·
Registered
213 Posts
as far as the pinery lake there are some good sized bass and wiper but the trouble is getting them. Out of all the times I've fished there when I was younger I've got two decent bass, one was on a chartruese spinner bait from the dock and the other was on a rebel crawdad crankbait (the big one, deep diver) both were about 14 to 15" lm. This summer I only had luck with a few 8 to 10" lm and my friend almost had a good sized probably around 15 to 16" wiper. Other then that I've had a few crappie nothing special about them though. Don't think they stock trout, supposedly the fish in that lake are Wiper, LM, SM (never seen one), Walleye (never seen one), carp (always see them lol), and Crappie. Right now I guess the wiper are supposed to hit well on shad imitations since thats what they will be feeding on until winter to get fat and full. Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts