Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
dieseldoctor said:
Let's hope birdman brings the energy he had when he first signed back with the nuggs!!! Don't get me wrong I like tattooes even have a few of my own, but a sleeved up neck? Is there even a name for it? Tattoo turtle neck maybe? GO NUGGETS!!!!
the dude is a freak!

Jim

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
dieseldoctor said:
Because he is a horrible player. His lateral movement is way below par and he has no shot outside 3'... While he blocks some shots, he gives up just as many easy buckets because he moves so poorly...

I like the guy, and he puts arses in seats (gwh)... but he is just a glorified CBA player..

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Oyey said:
dieseldoctor said:
Because he is a horrible player. His lateral movement is way below par and he has no shot outside 3'... While he blocks some shots, he gives up just as many easy buckets because he moves so poorly...

I like the guy, and he puts arses in seats (gwh)... but he is just a glorified CBA player..
I think i can agree with that!

Jim

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If he doesn't improve this season I agree. He has the tools to be a great big off the bench, but him wanting a block every single play makes him a poor overall defender....if he realizes who he is and should be he can be great off the bench....he needs to be a big that brings energy off the pine and does the small things......he's an nba player no matter how you look at it. How good of an nba player is up to him.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
This thread makes me sad.

I'm a bird supporter. A single bucket or block from him at the right moment can send the energy through the roof, especially at the pepsi center, and completely change the game.

Sure, he may not have all the tools of a typical NBA big, but that's why he comes off the bench, and that's why when he gets hot everyone gets fired up because his success is almost always against all odds.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
The bird is the word. As long as he's not asked to do to much, he's got the size, athleticism and energy to be a valuable contributor off the bench for 5-10 minutes a game.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I think he "could be" great off the bench. Before he got his big contract extension, he played extremely hard. Now, he just goes for blocks. He definately puts fans in the seats, and I like to watch him play, but $4.5 million a year!? It seems to me that once a player gets more money, they don't play as hard...

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
4.5 mil a yaer... pathetic... He is there cause he sells seats and shirts, no other reason (and yes, he makes them much more than 4.5 mil)...

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Oyey said:
4.5 mil a yaer... pathetic... He is there cause he sells seats and shirts, no other reason (and yes, he makes them much more than 4.5 mil)...
That's 2 mil for Birdzilla and 2.5 for the Raging Rooster... makes perfect sense to me.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Jörmungandr said:
dieseldoctor said:
He's not a streetkid...he grew up in a small town in texas. Can't judge a book by its cover dudes a farm boy.
Don't have to be from the hood to be street. the kid grew up with a mom who used to run with a biker gang and they were poor as hell living. nothing farm boy about being white trash.
dave what do you know about basketball , bird man is awesome

1 - 20 of 24 Posts