Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to finally pickup a flasher this year, and of course looking for a good deal, anyone know of any sweet deals going on this week? I have been eyeing the Vex FL-12, best price I have found is $320 here:

Is this a good starter unit? Any better recs? Looking to spend $3-400, need a range over 100'.

Thanks.

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
I was going to finally pull the trigger on the Marcum LX-7 this year after reading hooknline and Slayers posts on them...I really was guys...but said screw it and pulled the trigger on the new Vexilar FLX-28. Sweet unit, all digital! Got it off ebay from Reed's ebay store called "huntnandfishn".
here's a good deal through them on an FL-18, good unit...love mine that I have!!!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VEXILAR-FL-18-PROPACK-II-12-DEG-ICE-DUCER-PP1812D-/201097614292?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ed25a13d4

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Call Bernie sometimes he has deals on used ones and he takes care of his ish...

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
I would not go any lower than a model FL-18 because of the Auto Zoom and the bottom lock. The FL-8 does pick up a lot of the interference from other machines. The FLX-28 like I said is all digital plus the face plate is bare of any footage lines, machine tells you digitally how deep you are so no math work to do...I am getting to old to do math out on a cold frickin lake and run out of fingers to fast anymore!!! :tongue::biggrin1:

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Not technically a flasher, but BPS is selling the Elite 4 with maps card for under $200. Ice ducer and you've got one wicked setup... It has flasher mode like the x67, AND you get a GPS along with it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would not go any lower than a model FL-18 because of the Auto Zoom and the bottom lock. The FL-8 does pick up a lot of the interference from other machines. The FLX-28 like I said is all digital plus the face plate is bare of any footage lines, machine tells you digitally how deep you are so no math work to do...I am getting to old to do math out on a cold frickin lake and run out of fingers to fast anymore!!! :tongue::biggrin1:
LOL. I would love that unit, but $600+ is not in the budget right now, the FL-18 looks more in my price range.

What is the consensus of Vex vs Marcum? The Marcum LX3 looks to be in the same category as the FL-12/18.

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
It really is personal preference! Vex was the original and the others have copied their technology. We do give each other crap on preference but Vex is the best!!! :biggrin1: You could cruise out to Gander and see Don or Bud, check out the FL-18 Genz Pack, usually around $440.00.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
IMHO Marcum LX5 is the best value.
If it's good enough for Slayer, it's good enough for me.
LOL, hell u can pick up a half ounce kasty on a Timex watch thru 2 feet of ice...

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
Friends don't let friends buy Marcums!!! :biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Heard if you turn a vex or a marcum up high enough...you can even bust up kidney stones..
bwahahahaha...and make Colonative pee his bibs!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haha, love a good product/manufacturer battle/feud.

So I think the LX5 or FL-18 are the two I am narrowing in on, back to the original question, where is my deal!?!?

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
Marcum Showdown 5.6 is on Amazon for $370 right now. Only 4 left in stock. :)
Dammit Owen!!! What did we teach you while we were out on the ice? Damn kids, send them to school, pay hundreds of dollars on books and all you guys do is eat the teach!!! >:D

1 - 20 of 109 Posts