Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not Brush Hollow. There is a reservoir in Weld County out around the Ault area that is called Black Hollow. It is listed as having a variety of warmwater fish in it, but I have NEVER heard of anyone ever mentioning it much less fishing there. Any thoughts?

H

·
0 Posts
longdraw said:
When I typed it in Lakefinder it said 'species unknown'. ???

Go check it out Travis...  We might have a new Ponds $$$, Weld County!
Jon, have you downloaded the updated version of Lakefinder 6 at the bottom of the page for Lakefinder?  You can use it offline.  But, that's where the most up to date information will be found.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Black Hollow is just north east of windsor...actually north of Hwy 14 about 3-4 miles...Used to be public, DOW used to have a lease there, but lost it about 20 or so years ago...Used to be an excellant fishery, actually still is. Huge cats,Walleye and even some really big slimers...Fish on Greeley has had a couple oppertunities to fish there a few times in the last few years. Done really well. The only way to get on it is to know the Ditch Writer or the owner...But beware if you don't have permission to be there, you'll either get shot or arrested for trespassing and thats no joke!  Very strict about people being near or around that lake... actually really sad its a pretty big lake.  A bunch of us tried to sneak on a few years back in the middle of the night and ended up havin to ditch the Weld county sherrifs on the back roads...as well as a few shotgun blasts from the farmers... Like I said they don't want anyone near their little private stash :-X Growin up in Windsor it used to be the big bonfire Keg party place we used to get 100's of people out ther at times... Used to fish , skinny dip, and get totally wasted there all at the same time...Then it closed and its been like a Nazi Gestopo camp ever since.

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
On the subject of private lakes....sorry for the hijack, but this question seems to be answered....what do ya'll know about "Honker Res." near Berthoud? Anyone?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Probably right about that...But 25 yrs ago there wasn't jack to do around northern colorado but party in the corn fields, in fact the only place to fish was there, Red Feather Lakes and Jackson Res. There were no arcades, no fun plexes, no amusement parks nothin for kids to do. It was totally a farming community. It was High school football on friday nights and keggers afterwards. Used to sit on our cars at the old Stephens Market and drink beer and talk to the Windsor Cops at the same time...No open container law at that time.

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
So I called on a membership, there was a phone number on the big sign at the gate. $1400 the first year and than $400/yr after that. Just passing along the information. The gentlemen on the phone said the fishing was okay.

H

·
0 Posts
Wow!! If the fishing was "great" that might be alright...But, okay....I think I'd stick to public waters.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts