Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any experience with the Blanco river? Or the small streams and lakes around Pagosa? We are planning to try the area in late May or early June. Are there fish in the Blanco? Will the roads be passable by then? We talked to a guy who said the road to Williams Creek wouldn't be passable till July. Please pm me if you know the area at all.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was there this weekend and spoke to the guy at the flyshop listed above. He said the Blanco and SJ are likely to be in full runoff at that time. They were both very muddy from lower elevation runoff this weekend. You might try Echo Lake just south of town at that time.

·
Registered
340 Posts
if you want to river fish at that time of year, you will need to hit a tail water for any hope of decent fishing conditions. Or, as suggested, a lake.

For my money, if you are in Pagosa Springs, you are about 60 miles from the San Juan in New Mexico. You would have a lot better chance at decent fishing there.

My $.02

·
Registered
434 Posts
Fisher-man said:
if you want to river fish at that time of year, you will need to hit a tail water for any hope of decent fishing conditions. Or, as suggested, a lake.

For my money, if you are in Pagosa Springs, you are about 60 miles from the San Juan in New Mexico. You would have a lot better chance at decent fishing there.

My $.02
They may bump up the flows below the dam at that time, but it is still very fishable, maybe somewhat easier even.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts