Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little over a week ago, there was a crazy, whiteout, blizzard up on Grand Mesa...my GF and I decided to go ice fishing in it without a shelter...It was an experience to say the least lol. Fun times but crazy winds and lots of snow. We wound up taking a small break and walked back to the car; my GoPro had icicles hanging from it:eek:...after about 20 minutes, we decided to walk back and all our tracks were gone!! We still managed some good fish but I now know I need an Ice Fishing Shelter ^-^

Hope you guys enjoy the video!

https://youtu.be/5qTG0iQwLd4

·
Registered
27 Posts
Been there , done that and it's sucks sitting in the cold blowing wind, no fun .
Get an Ice shelter with 900demin insolation and a heater . Your GF will appreciate that , if she ever goes fishing with you again and maybe she will sponsor you to.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BRRRR Hopefully your GF still likes ice fishing after that. HAHA
It was an experience to say the least lol but we had a blast. Sam loved it and had a good time still!! Might've been a little different if we didn't catch any fish haha. She's a tough girl^-^

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Been there , done that and it's sucks sitting in the cold blowing wind, no fun .
Get an Ice shelter with 900demin insolation and a heater . Your GF will appreciate that , if she ever goes fishing with you again and maybe she will sponsor you to.
We're definitely looking into one...We had a lot of fun still though! ;D Sam is even saying ice fishing is her favorite fishing now.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Sometimes it’s fun to sit out there without a shelter in a good storm, especially if the fish are hitting.

Makes you feel alive.

Sometimes, but not often.

Good job, nice video .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sometimes it’s fun to sit out there without a shelter in a good storm, especially if the fish are hitting.

Makes you feel alive.

Sometimes, but not often.

Good job, nice video .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not going to lie, we definitely had fun...moments like when Sam got her first fish of the day help make the day a lot better! With that being said, we're still going to look into a good tent/shelter;D Glad you enjoyed the video^-^

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Being miserable is part of the adventure! :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts