Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a picture of my latest Salmon Fly. I call it the Blue Daddy Long Legs.

And here is a frame my dad made for me out of Redwood and the Salmon Fly I had tied earlier in the summer.

Jim

·
Registered
131 Posts
Very cool Jim!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi WE, the digital camera I use is a Sony MVC-FD75. I have a macro setting on mine, which automatically comes on when I am completely zoomed out. That is really all I do for it other than having regular old lights setup to where I don't have to use a flash cause that bleaches out the colors really bad. But cameras with macro features will let you get about an inch away from the subject and still keep it in focus. Let me know if you need anymore info.
Thanks
Jim

·
Registered
46 Posts
Jim, simply fantastic work. Makes that hi-vis baetis look like a lint ball! These remind me of a winery I visited in the Willamette Valley in Oregon....all of their wines have salmon flies on the labels....as I recall it was a hobby of the owner.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I wouldn't call it fly tying, but rather artwork... and damn fine artwork at that!

Good color, good composition, and excellent craftsmanship.

I believe there's awards given for fly-tying. Have you ever received accolades, JB?

N

·
0 Posts
Jim,come on now. You don't strike me as the kinda guy to get into trouble. John, maybe(kidding), but not you.
Keep posting those beautys as they come off your vise.
I printed an 8x11 and hung it next to my other flyfishing pictures.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Artwork.....I'm not to sure about. I just call them my salmon flies. I actually tie these up and take them to a craft show my sister and I do every December (kinda in rememberence of our mom, but that is another story). No I have never received any accolades. I think the flytying associations know better than that. ;D
Hahahaha if you only knew the troubles I have gotten into. But that is another story also. I'm glad you all like these flies. If no one complains to loudly I would love to continue posting them.
Fishwhisperer, at least I can see these without my magnifying glasses. lol

Thanks everyone
Jim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts