Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit Blue Mesa again today (spousal unit said I could). Got there around 9 am and fished till 1:30. Morning hits were pretty regular but then dropped off around 11 or so. Couple of hits after that but nothing to hand. Ended up with two 14 inch bows for the day. Quite a few folks out on the ice today. I counted 18 other groups fishing on both sides of the Lake City Bridge. No one that I saw was doing all that well so quite a few folks came and went through the mid morning.

Ice is around 400 - 500 yards west of the Lake City Bridge. Iola basin is completely ice free. New ice between Stevens Point to Dry Creek. Saw a couple of ice huts out on Dry Creek so ice must be okay there. From Dry Creek to the end of the lake (Dam) the water is ice free. Still going to take some colder weather to get the ice marching from Elk Creek westward.

When I left the temperature was a balmy 23 degrees. Not sure what the coming forecast calls for but eventually the lake will get capped.

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
Cmon man... "spousal unit said I could"... don't put your balls in a damn jar.

Thanks for the info. Was pondering this or a trip to the I-80 ponds... looks like I get to stay at my favorite seedy truckstop motel in north platte....

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Thanks for the update. Be looking to get out there. Need to get my kid into an elk first, but the Blue is close behind. No perch?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts