Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went up yesterday to get my initial ice fishing in for this year. Ice is 9 to 10 inches thick up to Lake City Bridge. After that it is all open water. Actually saw a boat out in Sapinaro Basin on my way home to Montrose. Anyway, there were several folks out on the ice with mixed results. Fellow next to me was having great success while the rest of us had a slow day. Did manage one 14 inch brown (skinny) along with several other bites. Used mealies and wax worms on small jigs.

No snow at all on the ground so you have to drag your sled down the dirt path till you can get on the ice. Absolutely no snow on the ice so it was a virtual skating rink. Not bad getting on the lake but getting off was another issue. Like trying to climb up the sides of a bowl. Wish I would have had some ice spikes or something to prevent the one step up two slides back attempt at getting myself and the sled up to the dirt. Obviously I made it as I am here to make a report but it took some doing.....found a crack in the ice and inched my way up till I could jump to the dirt to get sound footing. Temps were not bad....mostly mid 20's to mid 30's for the day.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts