Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've got an idea for a privately sponsored winter long ice fishing tourney for sub 24" lakers at Blue mesa. Rules: up for ideas but must have some sort of absolute proof from blue mesa. No large fish allowed. All the heads will be collected and froze and taken to the dow next spring to show them what the anglers can do in an attempt to stop the netting. What do you think? with no limit it could get interesting. We would have someone there locally that would collect and document catches.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
captain shuyak said:
Ok, I've got an idea for a privately sponsored winter long ice fishing tourney for sub 24" lakers at Blue mesa. Rules: up for ideas but must have some sort of absolute proof from blue mesa. No large fish allowed. All the heads will be collected and froze and taken to the dow next spring to show them what the anglers can do in an attempt to stop the netting. What do you think? with no limit it could get interesting. We would have someone there locally that would collect and document catches.
I think it's a great idea! It would show the DOW that anglers can do the job of thinning, can do it with little or no cost to the DOW, and can do it in a way that spares the big fish.

Good idea, Steve.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I have a real hard time killing anymore lake trout out of Blue Mesa, I feel that they lied and decieved the anglers of colorado, sorry but I will not take the high road on this one. Word on the street is that they killed multiple 30+ lbers in the nets this fall. Nope I'm back to releasing all lake trout in Blue Mesa :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bobco said:
I have a real hard time killing anymore lake trout out of Blue Mesa, I feel that they lied and decieved the anglers of colorado, sorry but I will not take the high road on this one. Word on the street is that they killed multiple 30+ lbers in the nets this fall. Nope I'm back to releasing all lake trout in Blue Mesa :mad: :mad:
just an idea Bobco to stop the netting and maybe a little premature, let us know if you can get ahold of the netting reports for the year.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
maybe keep them alive and bring them over to Lake Dillon. Like the "bucket brigade" guys that illegally dumped perch in Blue.
To bad the D.O.W hates Lakers. Perhaps Lake Trout could be the solution to reviving lake dillon? I mean WTF?? Arctic Char?....I think lakers would do a better job on the mysis than those 5 inch arctic char.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ya I sure wish they would relocate the bigger ones to some of the other lakes in the state as well! I also think that the anglers of the state could put a big dent into the laker population without the cdow but if we did do something like you mention they wouldnt stop they will just keep on going so then we would have the damage of what theyve done plus us! I say the hell with em they cant net them all and we should all continue releasing them back! I still cant believe it 38" wtf, i'm pissed!!

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
you would think they would relocate the lakers to taylor res , its managed as a trophy laker lake , so why not put them in there rather then killing them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts