Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any conditions/activity intel on Blue Mesa to share?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was there 2 weeks ago. I found between 8" and 24" of ice. We caught some nice rainbows and a brown. We really wanted some Perch, but nope. No lakers either. The locals we ran into were friendly and helpful. The place was surprisingly uncrowded.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Was just up there a day ago. If you're looking for rainbows just find the water <20'. You'll get a fish or two swimming suspended through in the deeper water (>50') but it's so hit and miss. Perch? Let me know if you find those 5"ers, I'll use them for bait. About 3" of snow on the ice west of Bridge 2.

As stated ice is 10" west of Bridge 2 and just gets thicker as you head east. Wind has been bad my last two outings so you better have a shelter. 27degree air and 20mph wind blowing ice particles makes for a cold day otherwise

CPW was all over on the ice so make sure all your "i"s are dotted. Hard to get crowded on that reservoir, it's a long drive from big population center and it's fairy big even when low.

Good Luck,
SS

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was just up there a day ago. If you're looking for rainbows just find the water <20'. You'll get a fish or two swimming suspended through in the deeper water (>50') but it's so hit and miss. Perch? Let me know if you find those 5"ers, I'll use them for bait. About 3" of snow on the ice west of Bridge 2.

As stated ice is 10" west of Bridge 2 and just gets thicker as you head east. Wind has been bad my last two outings so you better have a shelter. 27degree air and 20mph wind blowing ice particles makes for a cold day otherwise

CPW was all over on the ice so make sure all your "i"s are dotted. Hard to get crowded on that reservoir, it's a long drive from big population center and it's fairy big even when low.

Good Luck,
SS
Thanks for the info guys. I'll let you know if I find any perch.

TB1

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys. I'll let you know if I find any perch.

TB1
Caught a some solid browns and rainbows. In 20 fow as recommended. Beautiful day sunny, warm and no wind. No perch sorry to report. Pic of my son with a brown. Kept a couple bows for the smoker.
thanks

TB1
C6CD521F-6A61-4F70-B080-8BED739AD43C.jpeg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts