Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, great site. I've been reading for a while, now i'm starting to share. Anyone going out to Blue Mesa this wknd should definately stop by the dam about an hour and a half before sunset. ;D Troll the middle of the channel with brown or rainbow Rappala's. The Kokonee's were eatin them up. We pulled about 8 in 45 minutes, and none were under 18".
:eek:
Good luck and thanx for all of the info.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx, this is a great site. we always check for new info before we go out. I read something about a lake off of Champion? where is it?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry about that MAJOR point! We were trolling with F-9 floaters. we were only about 1' - surface. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks for the report! Blue Mesa is definately on my ticklist (especially after the reports I've read)!

How is the water level there? It's been a few years since I've driven past it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The water levels there are great, it's reverse... they empty a portion of the reservoir to make room for the incoming melt. The nice thing about the dam is, it's still 400' deep when the water is low. Lots of big guys down there. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Wow...great post and welcome...and your handle uses my favorite lure...being the Rapala bigot that I am...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts