Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed up to the blue river (wont specify location because I dont know) to see if there were any kokanee left last Sunday with my pops and brother in law (thanks to those for the info last Saturday). Left around 6:30am got there around 8:15am. The forecast was light rain with chance of snow for Frisco. One look at those mountains the day before I was having second thoughts. Surprisingly the drive was great roads where clear up there and on the way back O0.

As soon as we arrived the water was a little lower from a previous trip a month before(got skunked). Anyway we seen a few anglers out there snagging already (no surprise ::) ). Talked to the ranger already down the bank checking license asked about the run he said its dying off but people were still catching them. Picked a spot rigged the treble and let it fly. I snagged for about an hour no luck. As I looked over about 200ft these two guys and a kid were killing it one after another in one spot. I guess thats the perks of arriving early. I made chat with one of them then he offered to show me his cooler :eek: wheres the salmon I asked? he then rumbled threw about 7- 20'inch plus bows and one brown only to pull out a dinky 10 inch koke. I asked him if the ranger checked his cooler before he left? He said yea he didnt make a fuss about it. Weird I said to myself.

The snagging wasn't producing in all the spots I tried so I traded treble hook for a pink floating worm. Wham! I got a hit reeled it in slow. A nice bow was my reward. litteraly ten minutes after the hit I looked down river I knew the sh*t was coming. strong winds w/snow and rain. Never the less it was a good one day trip learned a few things and bonded with my dad and bro. Hope you enjoy.

The drive up there

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Great view

Arrival

Last months water level