Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up, make sure you get any boat you are buying inspected. They have been shipping boats up from the katrina area and selling them in some places. (heard this on TV) Some of the boats look sound but still contain damage that you cant see.

Jay, you got that boat in the water yet? :p

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
According to last night's TV news, they have been doing the same thing with cars that were flooded by Katrina. The cars are being bought up and superficially cleaned up a little, and are now appearing at used car dealerships all over the country.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More reasons to hate Car Dealers.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
If you moderators remember, I was thinking about bringing this one back from louisianna. good thing i didnt....

ePiC said:
Just a heads up, make sure you get any boat you are buying inspected. They have been shipping boats up from the katrina area and selling them in some places. (heard this on TV) Some of the boats look sound but still contain damage that you cant see.

Jay, you got that boat in the water yet? :p

·
Registered
459 Posts
A "Carfax" check can save you on a car...not sure if they can do it on a boat..hummm

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
scubapig said:
A "Carfax" check can save you on a car...not sure if they can do it on a boat..hummm
That doesnt always work either... I was at a car dealer they gave me the carfax for the car it said no accidents. Then I started noticing stuff the door had been replaced, the windshield had been replace there was a new bumper on it the rear door didnt seat right, ect. This might not of ment anything but it appeared to be in an accident to me. Carfax only reports accidents and stuff that were reported to the insurance companies.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Be on the lookout for this guy, I know his boat sustained water damage.....

;D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts