Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We love to go to the mile to boat and camp from the back country sites. Can anyone tell me if there are other spots around Colorado like this? :biggrin1:

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Horsetooth Reservoir has some "Boat-In" Camp sites...

I also heard somewhere(Not confirmed) that you can camp along the shore @ Granby in certain areas(I think part of the lake borders natl. forest or something like that) ??

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We fish Granby a lot that would be great! Does anyone know of this. I will dig around too see what I can find. Thanks!

·
Registered
385 Posts
You can boat camp at 11 mile??!!! Anywhere or designated sites only? That is one thing I REALLY miss about boating in AZ... Find a good wash or sandy beach,... Pull in and pitch a tent... ANYWHERE !!!

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
You can boat camp at 11 mile??!!! Anywhere or designated sites only? That is one thing I REALLY miss about boating in AZ... Find a good wash or sandy beach,... Pull in and pitch a tent... ANYWHERE !!!
X2 Loved that about AZ!!

Lived in Camp Verde for 16 years and Prescott for 3 years.

·
Registered
385 Posts
X2 Loved that about AZ!!

Lived in Camp Verde for 16 years and Prescott for 3 years.
They think it's crowded at lakes here! Try going to Pleasant on Memorial Day weekend. Camping shoulder to shoulder anywhere you can drive a car/truck too, but load up the boat w/ gear and find a cove!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We are limited here on where you can boat camp but it seems the best way to actually get away from the masses. That is why I was hoping to find more lakes that allow it. I can't find anything on Granby.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
They think it's crowded at lakes here! Try going to Pleasant on Memorial Day weekend. Camping shoulder to shoulder anywhere you can drive a car/truck too, but load up the boat w/ gear and find a cove!
Yeah and the damn donkeys keep you up all night hee yawing LMAO

·
Registered
16,632 Posts
I know if you boat into Columbine bay at Granby you can shore camp. Ive done it and its legal. You just need to stay out of Rocky Mountain National Park. Theres signs all over so it aint hard.

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
Seminoe has the best boat in camping I have ever seen.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts