Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 1989 Invader with a Volvo Penta AQ131D 6 cylinder engine.
Coming off or our fuel pump is: a clear tube connecting to our carburator, a copper tube connecting to the carburator and a black gas line that goes to the gas tank. Now, does gas go through both the clear and the copper tube?
After doing some fishing today, we cruised around Chatfield going back to the Boat Ramps next to the Dam. As we approached the No Wake buoys, I slowed the boat down and the engine died. I was able to start the engine again, but it wouldn't stay running. I looked at the engine and fuel pump, which looked ok, but did not see any fuel in a clear tube going from the pump to the carburator. I wasn't sure if I'd seen fuel in the tube before. Anyway, I let the boat sit for a while, started it again and shifted it into forward pretty fast (hoping it wouldn't
die again). It didn't die and we made it into the Ramp area. I decided to let the engine run in idle and see if it would die. It didn't die and seem to run fine.
ANY SUGGESTIONS will be helpful.
Cody

·
Registered
699 Posts
the clear tube on the penta i think is a return for overflow in the floats and you may have actually vaporlocked the pump i have seen it happen many times'

·
Registered
937 Posts
The clear tub is a vent if there is gas in it then the the fuel pump needs to be replace. Its to keep gas from leaking into the bottom of the boat.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I had a problem similar to that last year and it turned out that my needle valve was sticking. I rebuilt the carb and it has run great ever since.
Rich

L

·
0 Posts
Ask three different people how to fix something and you'll get five different answers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts