Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've lived in Colorado for 30 years but really haven't fished much till this year. I have a used boat with a trolling motor and made it to Chatfield, Aurora, and Cherry Creek with my teenage son quite often this year. I know there are probably better places to go in Colorado but this is what works for me.
My question is: I have lot's of time on my hands this winter, are there any classes or other places for me to learn more about how to fish these lakes with a boat? I caught a few this year but realize how much I need to learn. Any ideas would be great! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts

·
0 Posts
FishEyes said:
I've lived in Colorado for 30 years but really haven't fished much till this year. I have a used boat with a trolling motor and made it to Chatfield, Aurora, and Cherry Creek with my teenage son quite often this year. I know there are probably better places to go in Colorado but this is what works for me.
My question is: I have lot's of time on my hands this winter, are there any classes or other places for me to learn more about how to fish these lakes with a boat? I caught a few this year but realize how much I need to learn. Any ideas would be great! Thanks!
You can go under:[email protected] or WWW.fishingmap.com and order those maps you need.the tell you everything you want to know about a specific Lake or Resv.
Or buy them at Sportsman Warehouse. Maps will give you info.of Lake bottom depths,fishing techniques,types of fish and general info.the are waterproof & tewr resistiant. Anywhere from $3.50 to $5.95.
Hope that helps you.
Gunter Romeo

·
Registered
4 Posts
Try some of the local clubs as well. The Colorado Walleye Association meets the 4th Tuesday of each month at 7:00 at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds. You'll find a lot of people who fish those lakes and they know about fish other than walleye, too. www.cwaonline.net

There's a Denver chapter of the Bassmasters and a muskie club www.coloradomuskies.com.

And of course, read the Coloradofisherman Magazine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts