Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone I know just moved here with his boat.
Besides the regular requirements of getting boat tags, trailer tags what about the ANS inspection part?

After he has his tags any special requirements prior to launching?

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Steve, he will follow the same procedure that you do to launch. Assuming it is an outboard, clean, drain & dry, good to go.

If it is a sterndrive, he will likely have to decontaminate the motor (depending on the mood of the ANS inspector).

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Tell them you just came back from Lake Powell if he wants a free boat wash.
Wow I never thought of that...there's a reason you are a wildly successful businessman!...thats hilarious too...

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
Haha yeah. A few weeks ago, I told the inspector at a local launch that I had just came back from Lake Havasu and that he may want to just proceed to decon. He ignored my suggestion, proceeded to inspect my boat. After a somewhat thorough inspection, he deemed my boat clean, drained and dry and said I was good to launch. I knelt down to put my plug in and noticed water dripping from my bilge, where an old tube jig had partially blocked the hole, not letting the bilge to completely drain. There was a small puddle on my trailer and on the ground below. The inspector DID NOT notice this obvious red flag which was in plain sight and likely one of the first things they are trained to look for.

This is the first time I am sharing this story. I was appalled that day.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We don't have severely infected lakes and some remain infection free.
Explain how it's not working.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
We don't have severely infected lakes and some remain infection free.
Explain how it's not working.
I guess I would say the outcome is working, but the methods are not. Just like you could say closing the lakes would keep them clean, but not allow access (and be a failure to the sportsmen)

Since the program started, I have said there are better ways to get the same results, spend less $, and increase access. The lack of access is where it isn't working.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nothings perfect, nothing.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
It'll never be perfect.
When we can't access the lakes we've historically boated on anymore it's just plain Wrong.
I am sure the CPW will see that as "perfect" when you can't access ANY lake or water... then they can actually manage the water as they see fit with no one to please but themselves....OH wait they already do that....lol

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
It'll never be perfect.
When we can't access the lakes we've historically boated on anymore it's just plain Wrong.
I've written responses to the "perfect" reply more than once, and deleted them. But I think that Redleader's post is on the money. When we can't use our boat/lake, something is broken.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. And we can do better than the current system. Why wouldn't you want that?

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
The state will find funding one way or another, then the lakes will re-open.

R-E-L-A-X-

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
The state will find funding one way or another, then the lakes will re-open.

R-E-L-A-X-
Sure they always have the Anglers interests in mind just sit back and be happy they have our backs :thumb:
We've already lost numerous small waters to boating that won't be coming back. Now they want to double license fees for hunting and fishing while they waste millions on sports fish removals, etc.
Time to become an Alaska resident.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts