Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the story behind the big boat that ended up on the WB ditch of I-76 last night 9/2/19

I went past probably 1-5 minutes after it happened, no dust, no cops there yet and a few stopped vehicles. It appeared that a guy towing a big wake boat behind his 5th wheel lost the boat. The boat looked demolished, probably rolled a few times before ending up in the ditch.

Fortunately the tow vehicle and 5th wheel didn't have much or any damage. It didn't appear that there were other vehicles involved.

I always am wondering about the qualifications of the drivers when I see them double towing 2 trailers at 80+ mph.

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I was talking to a guy at the ramp at Mac and he told me that he had spent 2k doubling the frame tubing on his 5th wheel so that he could tow the 621 Ranger behind his camper.

During my 65 mph accident inspection it appeared that the hitch on the 5th wheel was still intact. Made me wonder if the boattrailer had not been latched to the ball correctly??

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.