Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys out there do to keep your boat engine (inboard, outboard or inboard/outboard) and body in
"tip-top" shape????
Change plugs?
Add carb cleaner to gas?
Change air filter?
What octane of gas do you use?
We have an older (1989 4 Cylinder Volvo Penta I/O) and we know that an older engine needs more TLC than a newer one.
With the hourly cost of boat service at a Dealer :mad:(and the cost of gas for a boat now :(), saving some money is a #1 concern :eek:.
Any recommendations will be helpful.
Thanks Guys!!!
Cody

· Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, forgot to say that our I/O engine is out of production (no longer being built) :mad:. Also, I looked in the Internet for a Manual for engine, but the (English) Manual from Volvo for this Invader engine is no longer printed :mad:. The only place that I found info on the engine is at Aurora Marine on their Parts computer.
It's sort of hard having a boat that was built in Canada and an engine that was built in Sweden!! :( ???
Cody

· Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Darn it.........forgot to say something else.
I did find "some" info on the engine in a website for Volvo Marine engines, but not a whole lot of info. I did find out that there is no "automatic choke" on this engine, so I have to start it up in Neutral and let it run for a bit (when the water is cold) so the engine will warm up. I also found different pics of the engine, that I did printed out. I know "zero" about marine engines, but somehow I'll figure out things.
I did buy some carb cleaner to add to the gas tank....which was highly recommended by the Parts Dept. guy at Aurora Marine. Now, I have to find the gas filter/filiment thing to see how it looks.
Cody

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.