Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a motor for my inflatable (north fork outfitters) and need to put numbers on it. My question is since I deflate my tube each time I use it, the stick on numbers will come off over time, and don't want to paint them on. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
My II Cents

I would do the stick ons and accept you will replace them.

Wipe the area with denatured alcohol before mounting, they will stick better.

·
P I K E
10,112 Posts
Get a piece of plastic, about 1/4" thick, for both sides of the craft. Stick your #'s on the plastic then hang them off each side using the metal shower rings. You can see mine hanging from the frame here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Another option is to have your boat number plates made by these guys, http://www.boatnumberplate.com/

They will ship them to you and then you need a PVC adhesive to glue them onto your inflatable. West Marine sells such as adhesive from PolyMarine. Along with your number, they provide an extra area next to the numbers to attach your yearly decal sticker as well.

·
Registered
385 Posts
you have to have numbers for an inflatable like that?

huh learn somehting new everyday

·
P I K E
10,112 Posts
anything that you have a motor on has to be registered!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Get a piece of plastic, about 1/4" thick, for both sides of the craft. Stick your #'s on the plastic then hang them off each side using the metal shower rings. You can see mine hanging from the frame here.
^^This^^

You can buy Plexiglas about 1/8" thick at Home Depot. Easy to cut to right size and drill holes.

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
Sharpie. I don't need anything extra to get line wrapped around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts