Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got tired of seeing new chips in my boat after every trip. Built a rock guard to help. Turned out nice. Removable wings, frame coated with same stuff Ranger Boats uses on their trailers. 1/8" diamond plate. I made a couple extra if anybody wants one. $350.

Attachments

·
P I K E
10,116 Posts
Damn bud that is nice! I've looked at a few in the past thinking about it but that is the nicest one. I just now spent my stash on a new lift kit for my Jeep, if you still have one after I build the stash back up I would like to get one from you!

Nice!!! THX for sharing!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have lived down here for almost three years no rocks, chips, cracks, ever. I go to CO and ID for the summer and get four dings and one cracks all the way across at mid windshield. Good idea.
that's why they call it the Rocky's! you move back yet?

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
You know the "clear bra" that they put on cars, do they offer a similar product for the front/underside of boats to protect from rocks?

·
P I K E
10,116 Posts
Dallas, that would not help with a fiberglass boat. I have an aluminum and still get pits!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You know the "clear bra" that they put on cars, do they offer a similar product for the front/underside of boats to protect from rocks?
I have put it on the front of my fenders which are fiberglass, never seen it on the hull itself

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Dallas, that would not help with a fiberglass boat. I have an aluminum and still get pits!
I thought that 3M material they use is pretty resilient. One car I have has the clear bra and doesn't have any rock chips, the other one does not and the hood has several rock dings. Makes me think the stuff actually works :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I thought that 3M material they use is pretty resilient. One car I have has the clear bra and doesn't have any rock chips, the other one does not and the hood has several rock dings. Makes me think the stuff actually works :)

See there?? Thinking outside the box......that's how new products get started. I had never thought of it. I'd be willing to bet it would work pretty well.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
They put something similar on windshields as well and it is supposed to stop rock chips.

I'd think it would work quite well, heck may even help from rubbing trees at Glendo!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts