Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to my fellow fishcoholics and boat owners.
This is not a report, but a request to you knowledged boatsmen about where to get the best boat service in town. I have had poor expericences with a couple of dealers in town and are trusting the members of this great forum to help me out. Travel is not a concern, but service is. I also want timely service. One of the dealers in town had my boat for a month, just for a 90 hour service job. The other told me they had fixed my boat engine (it takes 10 plus turns of the key to turn it over), and upon leaving their service department and getting to the lake in the same day, I had the same problem.
So I leave it to my fellow members to direct me to the "Best service dealer in town" to take care of my Fisher Hawk 170 with a Mercury 115 4-stroke.
Thank you for all your info, both about dealers and fishing.
catfish_al

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
I cant speak first hand but have heard good things about Aurora Marine. Its on Iliff/Evans and I think Wabash(Spelling)

115hp 4stroke, NICE!!!

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

M

·
0 Posts
if the first part of the paragraph is "this is not a report," then why is it in the reports section ???

·
Registered
24,511 Posts
Exactly Mustang...it is about to move to Colorado Fishing...

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I second the recommendation about Aurora Marine. In fact, I made another post about them a while back:

http://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/index.php?topic=5234.0

As I mentioned, I'm sure there are other great dealers around and so I just wanted to tell about my personal experiences with Aurora Marine and do not want to take anything away from other good boat dealers...

·
Registered
513 Posts
I know exactly what you need to do:

1. Launch your boat.
2. Look for the 4 bolts on the transom by the motor.
3. Completely loosen the nuts.
4. Let that Merc drop right into the lake.
5. Go buy a Yamaha.

Problem solved.

yrs,
ClackRam

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got great service from Best Marine Service. They are in Wheatridge off of Ward. They specialize in Mercury. They do get busy early so if you need work better call soon.

·
Registered
460 Posts
ClackaRam said:
I know exactly what you need to do:

1. Launch your boat.
2. Look for the 4 bolts on the transom by the motor.
3. Completely loosen the nuts.
4. Let that Merc drop right into the lake.
5. Go buy a Yamaha.

Problem solved.

yrs,
ClackRam
hey instead drop that motor in my front yard...i can deal with a mercury

L

·
0 Posts
!!!!!!!!!!!BEST MARINE SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!
Pat and his guys are the best in town. For advice or service he has always done me great. I can't say enough good about him and his wife who run the place.

I've never dealt with Aurora except for parts and such, but I've always heard good things. Mercs and More, I haven't had good luck with and Castlerock Marine, well lets just say don't ever give them a penny. At Castlerock Marine your only as important as the size of your job and wallet. If you have a $100,000 boat in need of 10 grand in repair, your tops. If you have a couple hundred dollar repair, well make other plans for your fishing season. If fact you'll be lucky if you ever get your boat back from them. Just my experience!

Or buy an E-tec and forget about repairs.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I got a used boat last year and wanted to have a shop look it over and maybe do a tune up on the outboard. I called around and found most the shops wanted way too much money and could not get me in for quite some time. I found The Boat Shop in Commerce City and they got me in the same day charged very reasonable prices and were very friendly. It is a small shop and the guys there seem pretty honest for mechanics. I would recommend then highly as far as the other shops go, Aurora Marine etc...

Check them out :)

·
Registered
24,511 Posts
I bought my motor on Ebay from a lower elevation...needed high elevation jets...Great Lakes wanted me to take the motor off the boat and leave it for 3 weeks (mid summer)...(I was aghast and starting to shake violently at the thought)...Sun Honda up in Thornton got me a next day appointment...let me bring my whole boat...let me watch...showed me some adjustments I could make on my own for really high altitude (Delaneys/Spinney) and showed me a few other things...I would go back there in a heartbeat...

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a 15 HP Johnson that I bought in the early 1980s. I have taken it to Aurora Marine for service at least three times overs the years. I have no complaints and never had to take it back because the work was not done properly. I do remember that if you wait until boating season starts, they have a huge backlog and it may take a few weeks to get it fixed.

I bought the motor from Crowley Marine on East Colfax and have bought accessories there, but don't recall going there for service as Aurora Marine is easier to get to.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts