Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning my dad and sister took our fishing boat out. They fished for a few hours until a giant gust of wind swamped the boat. They limped teh boat back to the dam and shoved it onto the rocks. after about an hour of pounding waves and the boat nailing the rocks we were able to get it off. turns out the boat has several holes and numerous cracks (fiberglass). another guys aluminum boat got swamped but he was able to save it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
What body of water were they on?

It sounds as if they are ok and that is what is important. A boat can be replaced, it is merely an object.

Are they ok other than physically? Are they pretty shaken up?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was at Arvada Reservoir. They are okay. my sister is just tired from being up early, my dad is sore from having to partially carry the baot up the dam.

we are going to flip the boat over this week and inspect the damage. we went out earlier and looked from underneath. there is one hole softball sized, several holes golf ball sized adn a few splits.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Need boaters insurance. Glad everyone is ok atleast.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I thought the res wasn't open to the public until the 1st.I know the first few days are very good,with some big fish usually caught.I'll probably be out there on opening day trolling around.

lyn

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The boat isnt worth the price of boaters insurance, its was a late 60's model fiberglass v-bow we picked up for a few hundred bucks. We just built a new interior and hadnt even finished it yet. It may not even be worth fixing it. it would lose its structural intergrity and woudl take a ton of work.

the reservoir isnt open to the public yet. the park rangers got to fish it this weekend and my dad was invited to fish it. so he, catfishunter, adn i went out and used thsi incredible opportunity.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Dude, The same thing happened to us. Minus the holes but something the same.Beached on the rocks. If anyone would like to hear our story PM me and ill copy/paste it for you. I cant post it hear as there are ALOT of f'bombs :)

Our story includes water spouts

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts