Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yikes, what a joke those boat permit prices are! I am a very frustrated new boulder county resident. Not only do they lock the darn thing up, and prevent me from being able to fish at peak times(at least for walleye), they charge a RIDICULOUS amount to use the water, oh well, I'll let all of the wakeboarders and jet skiiers have at it. I can only imagine how bad things would be out there come warm weather. I've enjoyed fishing it this winter and spring, just a little bummed about all of the regs!

Guess I am not in MN anymore, ha ha, Urban fishing is a huge pain in the butt back that away as well, but at least the use of the water is free. I just can't imagine paying $150+ to play bumper boats with wter skiies and the like, and then only to be kicked off at dusk.

O.K. thanks for the vent, time to get going for the dusk bite!

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
There's like an annual event (forgot what it's called) at Boulder Res. From that on, that place is a mad house on the water. From shore, it could get bad too sometimes. Watch out, I mean.. Don't watch out because people like to go there nude sometimes. And most times, it aint pretty.

1eyeReD

·
Registered
36 Posts
Last year the gates opened sometime in April and the lake was open to anybody who wanted to put a boat in there up until just before Memorial day. I'm over there biking or running pretty regularly, so I'll let you know if I see the gate open.

But I agree, the regular rates are ridiculous.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts