Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
4,368 Posts
Unfortunately there are a lot of people who can go faster the 40 mph and do at any opportunity. The worst time at Chatfield is around sunset and early morning, I guess they think they are less likely to be caught. What is more likely is to run someone over. :'(

Dan

· Premium Member
4,368 Posts
I would second having someone at the ramp.  So many people go out unprepared, no life jackets, overloaded boats, no fire extinguisher and unregistered boats.  Last time I went to 11-mile the ranger was checking everyone at the dock and if you pulled up to put in and started prepping your boat, (taking covers off, putting in new spark plugs etc) he made them pull out until they were ready. 

At the ramp other than releasing the hook at the bow and maybe tosing in your life jackets and cooler everything should be ready to go.

But definitely the "water police" need to be on the water enforcing speeds, passing and making it a safe place for everyone.

Dan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.