Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm aware that 11 Mile and Spinney close to boating after this weekend. Are all waters closed to boating after this weekend?

If not, where can I find the boating dates for other lakes? I've been looking on the state parks website.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry if this is a stupid sounding question. I've never really boated before. I just bought a boat in May and it's had a transom problem all summer (ueah, I know what B-O-A-T stands for!) ;D.

I finally got the motor off and can get it in for a repair. I was just wondering if there would be somewhere I could *test* the boat and drag a line this winter.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
It is not a stupid question, however since the ANS program everything has changed and it is different at every lake I have been to. Crawford Res. removed the boat ramps over a month ago, and the ramps at Rifle will be closed as of Monday. But like I said, it seems to be different at every lake so will will have to do some calling.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
My frowny face was intended for everyone who has a hand in all these decisions to screw us anglers over by closing lakes early....not for you man haha

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No problem Kyle- I didn't take it that way! I was just clarifying why I was asking, that's all.

FFG - you are probably right about it being a case-by-case thing. With the invasive species inspections it's hard to guess when the state may say it's not cost effective to pay someone to sit in a shack all day. Sounds like there are no strict boating season dates.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
_colorado said:
I finally got the motor off and can get it in for a repair. I was just wondering if there would be somewhere I could *test* the boat and drag a line this winter.
You can launch at Granby right up until it freezes, usually some time around mid to late December.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Seems like pueblo is one of few. Bunch of bs for sure! Sucks bad

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Would love to try Granby but, ummm, maybe in a hut in a couple of months. Shiver me timbers

Pueblo is the one I always forget about as I always head to the hills. Now that you mention it I remember flyfishing below the dam last Thanksgiving weekend and then heading up tot he lake to toss some spinners and the boat inspectors were there.

DOI! :-X :-[ Why didn't I think of that?

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
After struggling with motor problems ALL year, I figured it out last night !!! I hate electrical issues, with that being said I am ready for boating season, and I want to use the boat until the water is hard.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts