Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plans for this weekend have hit the fan. My mom came into town on an impromptu visit and has been staying with us all week. My pregnant wife isn't to stoked about staying with her all weekend alone. So I have to push off the Kansas trip. I'm OK with it since the winds look like they are going to be out of control and the fishing will be better the closer I get to April.

With that said, I still really want to get the boat out this weekend. Anyone know if there are any lakes open to boating yet in the front range except for P-lo? I've done all sorts of research trying to find one, but I've failed. The soonest I can find a lakes that are opening to boating is March 1.

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
Plans for this weekend have hit the fan. My mom came into town on an impromptu visit and has been staying with us all week. My pregnant wife isn't to stoked about staying with her all weekend alone. So I have to push off the Kansas trip. I'm OK with it since the winds look like they are going to be out of control and the fishing will be better the closer I get to April.

With that said, I still really want to get the boat out this weekend. Anyone know if there are any lakes open to boating yet in the front range except for P-lo? I've done all sorts of research trying to find one, but I've failed. The soonest I can find a lakes that are opening to boating is March 1.
I think 3/1 is the soonest we're looking at. You can launch at Lonetree if the ice is off but I have no idea what the current conditions are there...

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
F-cast saying 5-15 MPH. I can live with that-

OOPS- Just saw they're calling for gusts to 30 now.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I decided to take my boat into Canyon Marine yesterday to have a bunch of repairs an additions done to it. It will be in the shop 10-14 days:mad: But night fishing is much better right now any way.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can always hop in my boat Neal. I could use a "Pueblo Res 101" class. I always seem to struggle there.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
You can always hop in my boat Neal. I could use a "Pueblo Res 101" class. I always seem to struggle there.
I might take you up on that some day. I am probably going back to KS this weekend to finish the house and meet with the realtor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts