Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday was the first day boating is allowed. Probably a really bad day because of the wind, rain and cold. But somebody on this board should be hitting that water soon, where fish have never seen a lure. Anybody hear anything yet about monster lakers or muskies?

·
Registered
58 Posts
That place Rulz. Slayed the Macks there on Memorial Day. Almost felt like I was ice fishing again. Some of the healthiest lookin macks I've seen Faaat.

·
Registered
133 Posts
What's the lowdown on single person pontoons at Gross. They aren't a belly boat or single chamber inflatable.... But they aren't quite a boat either. Are they allowed at Gross Res? The Denver water website is no help.

I have the next few days off - gotta fish!

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
118 Posts
I would think that a pontoon would fall under the no water contact rule so I would say they will not be allowed.

·
Banned
487 Posts
pope said:
I would think that a pontoon would fall under the no water contact rule so I would say they will not be allowed. 
No they aren't allowed. How can touching an untreated water source contaminate it? It can't. Someone needs to recall the Denver Water Board members.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi Pope

Not sure but if that is the case...what a joke. I only have to be about ankle deep for about 15 seconds until my feet go up on the supports. I'll bet that some of the folks in a canoe do the same thing just to step in and get going. At least there was some progress for boaters.

Maybe I should call for clarification.

Thanks,
J

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hey Ice,

Didn't you know that the wildllife NEVER relieve themselves within 100 yards of the waters edge and only on the slopes that flow away from the lake.

and

All fish must be handled with latex gloves so as not to transfer any human scum into the water.

Enough of that I guess. Like I said we should be thankful for the opportunites we have, at least until some slob screws it up.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yep, I could not agree any more. I once was fishing at a certain point at Gross for the tigers, landed a decent sized one, but I did not want to pull it out of the water.( did not have the net, da  :eek:) So I stepped in, oh I would say less then a foot deep for maybe a minute or less, and I thought nothing about it. On my way back to the car I was stopped by a fish and game dude who decided to give me a five minute lecture on the rules at Gross. Oh what fun that was. On that note, we are not allowed to touch the water, so we don't, but why can we not put eclectic motors on our boats. It seems to be a lack of thought by our great water board members ::)

·
Banned
487 Posts
pope said:
Yep, I could not agree any more. I once was fishing at a certain point at Gross for the tigers, landed a decent sized one, but I did not want to pull it out of the water.( did not have the net, da  :eek:) So I stepped in, oh I would say less then a foot deep for maybe a minute or less, and I thought nothing about it. On my way back to the car I was stopped by a fish and game dude who decided to give me a five minute lecture on the rules at Gross. Oh what fun that was. On that note, we are not allowed to touch the water, so we don't, but why can we not put eclectic motors on our boats. It seems to be a lack of thought by our great water board members ::)
Like I said, you need to institute a recall petition for the Denver Water Board, or start petitioning for ballot measures to repeal existing restrictions and to open marston lake and ralston reservoir.
The people that work for the Denver Water Board are hardcore environmentalists who need to be shown the door.
I really urge you to start recalls and ballot measures now. Anyone who recieves Denver Water can sign.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts