Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

141 - 160 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I never liked mixing fishing and drinking.
In Panama I had to bring along a full cooler of beer and ice just for the Captain he wouldn't drink water and if he ran out of beer it was time to go in.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I never liked mixing fishing and drinking.
In Panama I had to bring along a full cooler of beer and ice just for the Captain he wouldn't drink water and if he ran out of beer it was time to go in.
If the pros think it's OK, it is. ;D Can't have a social gathering within cold drinks. It's ceremonial. ;D. I hardly drink by myself. I have 3 cases of beer left from a gathering a my house 2 weeks ago. I haven't touched any of those bottles and don't plan to. It will be consumed over the 2-3 fishing trips. When the CIA guy came to talk to our general, they sealed the deal with a shot of whiskey. I don't think the CIA guy understood it but, when you seal a deal over a drink, the one who betrays the other shall die. They both lived. ;D

·
Registered
16,651 Posts
Nothing wrong with a little imbibing or cabbage burning while fishing. I need these meds to escape the brutality of my career path-

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Nothing wrong with a little imbibing or cabbage burning while fishing. I need these meds to escape the brutality of my career path-
A good paying job. Gubmint level job security. More time to go fish than any of us, except for retired folks... What brutality are you referring to? ;D

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
That I'm going fishing tomorrow but hafta work on Thursday-:(
Brutal, just brutal... :D In that case, my career is brutal too. I'm going out of state Friday and hafta work Monday after 10 hours of driving and over 30 hours of fishing in 2.5 days. Then there are these two weeks in May where I'll be fishing hundreds of hours and logging thousands of miles. Fishing is hard work, on top of an already demanding career. :p

·
Registered
16,651 Posts
Brutal, just brutal... :D In that case, my career is brutal too. I'm going out of state Friday and hafta work Monday after 10 hours of driving and over 30 hours of fishing in 2.5 days. Then there are these two weeks in May where I'll be fishing hundreds of hours and logging thousands of miles. Fishing is hard work, on top of an already demanding career. :p
I can relate!:thumb:

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Kinda slow here. About to stock the boat here soon and hit some ponds out east. Hope I don't die... ;D

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I'm pondering a trip West next week. However, this photo makes me think I should tag along with you.......:thumb:
There's room... Only 3 people. Didn't fill the boat this time. ;D

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
It looks like you are in the market for a boat... I am going to make you an offer you can't refuse on a 2019 Lund Impact 1875. It's a true fishing machine and comes with the following options:
- Mercury 150 4-stroke Pro XS, with only about 3 hours
- Tandem trailer with load guides
- Motorguide xi5 80 with Pinpoint GPS
- Custom travel cover
- Lowrance HDS 7 Gen 3 with Total scan transducer
- 3-bank Minn Kota battery charger
- Aft flip up seat / casting deck
- Too many other miscellaneous options to list...

The MSRP is about $42K. However, you folks seem to believe that Lunds are appreciating assets, so I'll let it go for $45K. I saddens me to sell it, but I really just prefer to fish from shore. Cash only and you better act fast because a deal like this will be gone by the end of the day! ;D

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
It looks like you are in the market for a boat... I am going to make you an offer you can't refuse on a 2019 Lund Impact 1875. It's a true fishing machine and comes with the following options:
- Mercury 150 4-stroke Pro XS, with only about 3 hours
- Tandem trailer with load guides
- Motorguide xi5 80 with Pinpoint GPS
- Custom travel cover
- Lowrance HDS 7 Gen 3 with Total scan transducer
- 3-bank Minn Kota battery charger
- Aft flip up seat / casting deck
- Too many other miscellaneous options to list...

The MSRP is about $42K. However, you folks seem to believe that Lunds are appreciating assets, so I'll let it go for $45K. I saddens me to sell it, but I really just prefer to fish from shore. Cash only and you better act fast because a deal like this will be gone by the end of the day! ;D

I’m always in the market for a good deal. Yours is a little out of my reach though.

Does sound close to what I would be looking for if I were buying new though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
Damn, that's a clean looking boat. I'd buy that.

Agree. Good looking boat with a lot of nice features for a good price. :)

You would (of course) have to come up with more $ for the new trolling motor batteries and a kicker motor if you decide to add that. Plus brakes for the trailer. . . Adds up quick!

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Agree. Good looking boat with a lot of nice features for a good price. :)

You would (of course) have to come up with more $ for the new trolling motor batteries and a kicker motor if you decide to add that. Plus brakes for the trailer. . . Adds up quick!
Don't forget a decent fish finder... It would be a $17K boat by the time it's outfitted the way I want it. Yours was a better deal. And since you already bought, I feel safer saying I would never sink $17K into a 17 year old boat. :D

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Don't forget a decent fish finder... It would be a $17K boat by the time it's outfitted the way I want it. Yours was a better deal. And since you already bought, I feel safer saying I would never sink $17K into a 17 year old boat. :D

$17k for that boat vs what for a new one? I don’t think the Lund hull has changed significantly in 17 years. And it already has a very low hour 4-stroke. Still seems like a deal to me. But to each their own.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
$17k for that boat vs what for a new one? I don’t think the Lund hull has changed significantly in 17 years. And it already has a very low hour 4-stroke. Still seems like a deal to me. But to each their own.

I agree, personal preferences. I have had enough used boats. I'd rather just buy a boat that lasts for the next 15 years, with the first 5 years being basically trouble free, and just call it done.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I agree, personal preferences. I have had enough used boats. I'd rather just buy a boat that lasts for the next 15 years, with the first 5 years being basically trouble free, and just call it done.

I’ve never bought a new fishing boat. But I bought my Malibu new. And it spent a ton of time at the dealer the first two years.

Now a fishing boat isn’t nearly as complicated, but I’d still expect to work some bugs out. Plus have a ton of depreciation.

And any boat you buy today, including the Lund I posted, really should easily last another 15 years if it is well maintained.

I’m a bit biased on new vs used fishing boats right now. But guys like you keep guys like me in business. So we are both doing something right.

141 - 160 of 172 Posts