Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to work Saturday, so i didn't finish my last appointment till about 2:00. Already had all my stuff packed away in the truck and was ready to go! Got to Burlington about 6:00 and got a hotel room.

Was on the dam fishing at about 7:00 PM. I had two rods rigged, one with a 4" Walleye Assasin and the other with a "12 Husky Jerk. I fished till about 11:00 PM and did alright, I guess. I caught five walleye's, but they were only 14-17 inchs long and skinny for Bonny fish? I did lose a nice one on the Husky Jerk, because I am dumb ### and left the net in the truck. I probably should of stayed later, but I was just to tired.

Got to the lake about 10:00 AM the next morning. Started off just casting the Walleye Assasin parallel to the rocks like the night before. In two hours I moved about a 100 yards and only caught two small eye's and a decent Largemouth.

At that point I switched to 4" Yamamoto Super Grub and a 3/8 oz silver prizm Krocadile to see if I could find some White bass or Wiper. The grub produced one White and another small Largemouth. Later when the wind picked up I caught a couple of nice White bass rip jigging the spoon.

Finally I moved to a cove area on the south side. I switched to a lighter rod and tied on a 1/16th oz jighead and a 2" Chartruese Power Grub. I caught about a dozen crappies! So I finally ended the day on a positive :)

I kept the White bass and the crappies for tonights fish fry ;D I was really dissappointed in the condition of the walleye's I caught. They were unusually skinny for Bonny fish? I love this lake! It reminds me of the lakes I used to fish in Kansas when I was a kid.

Headin over to Quincy now to try for some bass?

·
Registered
16,652 Posts
I was waitin for a guinea pig to try bonny and report.Thanx.The wallys been going downhill for several years due to drought.I imagine theres still pretty good fish to catch,like those crappies you got.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is still a fun place to fish! And there are surely some big walleye's in there.

I have never fished Nee Gronde or Nee Noshe before, but Bonny is the only lake in Colorado where I have ever been able to catch big White bass!

Went over to Quincy for four hours today and got skunked :mad:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Neal;
Has the construction on the east boat ramp been completed and how far from the north cove boat ramp is the water?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts