Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  Went out to Bonny for the weekend...Got there around 5:00 p.m. on Saturday...fished until nightfall and ended up with 4 channel cats ranging from 15-20 inches....all of them took crawdad tails on the bottom.
  Went back to camp and ate, then went back out for some night fishing....ended up with 1 channel cat that my brother in law landed, it was about 6-7 pounds.
  On Sunday morning, we went out early...about 5:30a.m., tons of people out already!!.....fished at the dam for 3 hours with only one white bass caught....Then we decided to try the north end of the dam on the beach.....fished right next to a couple of guys who had been catching some whites already.....threw my lines in and from there on it just got better...Between 6 licensed fishermen and women, we caught 31 whites, 3 wipers, and 3 walleyes....The white bass ranged from 12-16 inches, 2 wipers about 7-8 in. that were released and one about 17 inches.....The walleyes, 2 about 10 inches(released), and one 21 incher. 
  Also got two lures for free...a rattletrap and some other sort of crankbait....2 fishermen who underestimated our lines going out as far as their boat came in too close and got all tangled up.  PISSED ME OFF!!..so we took their lures....If this was anyone in here, THANKS for the lures!!  Next time they will know better!!  Anyways, the fish all hit on crayfish tails fished from the bottom....One guy caught a big a$$ freakin' wiper on crayfish tails....his wife showed me the fish at the parking lot...IT WAS HUGE!!  I'm guessing close to 30 inches....Hope you all liked the report.

http://tinypic.com/view.html?pic=5k0il0
http://tinypic.com/view.html?pic=5k0j0n

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
A "weigh" cute kid!

And a really nice walleye...I need to make it out to Bonny...

I need a 2 on and 5 off schedule!!!

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Ah hahaa!!! That lil dude seemed to be having a blast! Nice report, Stalker!

So is the lil kid yours? If it is, damn, where have I been? I heard you had a lil one, but never got the chance to see. And I was still picturin in my head that your lil one was like only old enough to barely walk or sumthin.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep, that's my boy!!....soon to be the next wiper stalker!! LOL....
Hey hooknline, was that you man?....you were fishing by the dam on the rocks in the morning right?...wearing the baby blue and yellow?....yeah, we found the school of white bass by the beach...sure was a lot of fun....if I knew that was you, I would've told you to come fish with us....how'd you do?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Sounds like a great day glad to here the lake is fishing well. I read they were going to take some shad from Bonny and try to get them to chatfield before the spawn. Nice looking Family!

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Yea that was me. I dont like jumping into peoples space when their catching fish. The two older guys were my pops friends when they got a lil close to u guys i yelled at them dont like to invade peoples space. I posted my report before i read yours. Good job man im jealous.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HookNLine said:
Yea that was me. I dont like jumping into peoples space when their catching fish. The two older guys were my pops friends when they got a lil close to u guys i yelled at them dont like to invade peoples space. I posted my report before i read yours. Good job man im jealous.
I hear you on that one man...but if I knew it was you, come on over and squeeze in! The weird thing was that if you put on two split shot sinkers and a hook with the crawdad tail and reeled it back in slowly, they would hit it!! Weird sh*t huh?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When we went back to camp, I looked down and saw a couple stringers in the water with a couple of fish, on the beach though.. The fish must have been along the beaches only!...I think the weather may have caused this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts