Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we left at about 8 and dident get to the lake till noon , i heard some decent stories so i decided to give it a shot , it was nothing like i heard, i caught three white bass all on a bleeding shad rattletrap , the three i caught were between 10 to 13 inches , good size fish , then we left to go back home decided to try the little pond in limon , caught over 100 stocker trout , lots of bluegills, one crappie , two cats

·
Registered
128 Posts
How is the water level out there. I fished Bonny one time last year right about this time. Had a great time. They also had a walleye tournament that weekend anyone here about one this year out there.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
the water level is still way down i bet the deepest the lake is right now is about 15-18 feet deep when i was walking the dam u can see from the road just millions of carp everywhere spawning

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
C-Bass said:
How is the water level out there. I fished Bonny one time last year right about this time. Had a great time. They also had a walleye tournament that weekend anyone here about one this year out there.
Just saw this post or I would have responded earlier. The eye trny is always the first weekend in June. We have been fishing it for the past few and have done well. We took third again this year, just couldn't find them on Sunday. The lake is really in a bad way. I grew up on that lake when there were nice coves, lost of structure as well. Crappie fishing used to be awesome in spring. I think the wipers and the drought have hurt their numbers. If it ever comes back it will be an outstanding fishery again. There will be tons of structure again. My buddies fish in the fall along the dam with crankbaits and pick up some nice eyes. We did catch a lot of catfish, bass, and drum fishin the trny as well. We got into a school of white bass on saturday for about an hour. Every cast we were hooking them up. Was fun, but we were eye fishin. I can post the trny date next year when it rolls around.

·
Registered
128 Posts
EyeHunter that would be great if you could post that next year when it comes up. I just couldn't rember what weekend I was out there last year when the trny came up..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts