Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to Bonny this weekend I ;D It looks like the weather will hold I plan to go Friday and Sat with the boat. My wife think that we are crazy - is it still to early in the season and to cold? Anyone fished in Bonny this time of the year? Any pointers as to where in the lake to go?
Any pointers will be appreciated

·
Registered
258 Posts
Well, there is one thing for sure........the water will be cold. But, with the air temperature suppose to be in the lower 60's, fishing on the lake should be fine.
Last year, we stopped by Chatfield Lake (no boat with us)and were pretty surprised to see a number of boats in the water and at the ramps. And the temperature that day was about 64 degrees.
Even though the water still is pretty cold, people are very anxious to get their boats in the water for the first time this year.
We think we will wait one more month before we put ours in, but you never know, it might be earlier.
Cody

·
0 Posts
Might want to call there office. Heard the water was still low, not sure how it affects the boat ramp.

D

·
0 Posts
In years past I used to try Bonnie a lot early in the Spring and I never did any good there until the 1st part of May -- at the earliest.

·
Registered
234 Posts
bollie said:
I am going to Bonny this weekend I  ;D It looks like the weather will hold I plan to go Friday and Sat with the boat. My wife think that we are crazy - is it still to early in the season and to cold? Anyone fished in Bonny this time of the year? Any pointers as to where in the lake to go?
Any pointers will be appreciated 
Fish the dam with minnows at the first drop off.(if you can fish it) keep an eye on wind direction. you can thank me later,good luck Masterbaiter

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Minnows beneath bobbers and/or bait-dunk with minnows. Don't cast too hard when bait dunking, minnows fly off hooks easily. The rest of the guys are on point with location, dam is the way to go. If tossing out jigs and whatnot, slow presentation... Ummmm.. Dress warm with windproof stuff. Good luck and let us know of conditions & trip once you're back!!

1eyeReD

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am back. Fished bonny on Friday and Sterling on Saturday Not even a bite. I used worms on bobber and with weight, minnows on bobber and with weight , eggs and spinners. I fished next to the dam wall in open water and at the side nothing. maybe the water was to cold.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Bollie

We were out at Sterling on Saturday around 2 PM. Didn't do any fishing though, just wanted to check out the lake. We seen two boats on the lake and watched three guys put an older boat in at the ramp.
The lake looked nice, but we decided not to come back. It just to far for us to haul our boat from Parker.
Cody

1 - 11 of 11 Posts