Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Curious if anyone with inside info or a crystal ball of some sort knows if the recent weather will have any changes for Bonny Reservoir? CPW doesn't have it listed as a "State Park" anymore on their website. I've gotta believe the lake is getting water.

Is it still just a faded memory or is there a chance (as slight as it might be) that we may see it open back up?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I spoke to an officer last year and he said that Bonnie is essentially a logistical and political nightmare, so he doesn't expect that they'll do anything with it in the future. I wish they would though. It used to be a premier fishery. Not to mention it would make a great waterfowl hunting stop again.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
sucks when politics and logistics = blow the place up.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Bonny was both a little too far and not far enough. :biggrin1: I'd fish it again if it came back though. But, most days, I'd pass it up and go a little farther.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have family in Wray. According to them there has been movement on possibly getting some water held back but I'm not sure. I think it has something to do with keeping the Dam in repair so there aren't any floods down stream as well as improving stream flows. They have also been pumping water out of the ground and running it down the river to pay back water debts from the past. Its a really messed up situation but if what my brother in law says is true there may be a Bonny again some day.

http://www.imperialrepublican.com/index.php?option=com_content&id=7350:kansas-approves-100-percent-credit-for-2014-augmentation-pumping&Itemid=53

1 - 10 of 10 Posts