Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled out my Simms G3 guide boots and think that they need new felt soles. They are also studded.

Where can I get them re felted (I am sure that is a new word). ?

Can I get them re-felted with out studs or do the studs stay in.?

Thanks for your help.

FB

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have freestone boots w studs and they were in pretty bad shape. Some of the studs had come off already and a lot were loose. I just pulled em off with pliers, washed the old felt, and glued some more on over that, using thin strips of new felt where the sole was more worn down to level it off before putting the main piece of felt over the old stuff. Cabelas sells re-felting kits for around $18. Not sure if the flyshops carry those kits anymore though. Not too difficult either.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Try Dardano's Shoe Repair-I've been told they do that type of work.Also try calling Simms

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Dardano's on Colorado Blvd has replaced the felt for me a few times - not sure if they handle studding.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have done some checking, Dardanos of Denver does re felt boots for $55 dollars.
There is a shop in Salida called RMEsole. They also charget 55, but will charge $17 for shipping. This shop will also resole boots with the newer aqua stealth sole that Simms uses. I think this shop is authorized by SIMMS.

Dardanos said they would remove the studds.

FB

1 - 10 of 10 Posts