Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a long time lurker on this site, so I figured it was about time that I make a report. Over the weekend I went fishing in a mountain lake around 7,000 ft with two friends. Fishing was slow but it was a beautiful day. We caught a total of 8 fish, with the best being a 17" Brown I caught on a gold Kastmaster.

This morning before work I did some river fishing for about 20 minutes. I caught one fat 13" brown on a yo zuri pins minnow. As is expected the stream is running fast and muddy from runoff. Sorry no pictures this time!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
A mountain lake at 7000? I'm sure that's possible but I don't know if I'd say mountain lake. Probably a place you can park within 1/2 mile. That isn't mountain lake to me.

Right on for the browns man. Love brownies

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True, perhaps I should have said Reservoir, but it is a 1 3/4 mile hike in. Normally this place requires a special permit, but during free fishing weekend everyone can go up there (I probably just gave it away :smile:).

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Good stuff... I like that area. My wife and I fell in love at the lakes in Boulder county... Simple fishing with a fly and bubble! I miss those times.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts