Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone familiar with the pond in Boulder, just off the Creek path, just west of 55th Street and south of Pearl PKWY?
I often see guys fishing it, and cast a woolly bugger around in it today for a bit. Saw a few bass and bluegills, no bites.
What is it called? I call it the "bike path pond"....

·
Registered
163 Posts
I believe that pond is called Cottonwood Pond. I fish that one quite frequently since it is almost right next to my office.

In that pond are Rainbow and Brown trout, Largemouth Bass, Carp, bluegills, white crappie, and near as I can tell, some common goldfish (about 8+ inches). Then there are the beavers, garter and bull snakes, and frogs.

The weeds really limit the kind of fishing you can do. It seems to me that 90% of the fish in that pond are between the shore and the first "weed reef" about 5 feet from shore.

I wonder what kind of fly you'd use for a common goldfish. Something that imitates flake fish food? :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Dave! You are right: it IS Cottonwood (finally found it on a map). I agree about the weedage. Might see you there sometime, it is a good place for me to grab an hour on my way home from work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts