Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the northern shore with cutbait for cats in the late afternoon. Some will say "why not in the evening?" and the answer to that is because I've done well around those times here. Well..... Not this time. Didn't get a bite. Saw two fellas walking the shoreline nude and that's when we said, "that's it, let's leave to somewhere safe."

Jigged about 20 yards away from the inlet til the crowd left. It was nice over here. No naked guys... And then the good part. There were 2 nude girls hangin out on a ski boat in front of us just about close enough for us to see that they aint ugly or pretty. With that in mind, my imagination helped put the scenery back to something that I could accept.

As for the crowd of anglers, I dunno what they were fishing for, but two anglers fishing with aluminum cans (I bet some of y'all have seen this before) left with 2 10 inch smallies on a stringer.. Funny.. I just minded my own business until they left. Once I had the inlet to myself and my buddy. We casted plain nightcrawlers on a size 4 hook about 1 foot beneath a splitshot into the current. 2nd cast and I reeled up a 12 inch walleye. Not good enough.. Kept trying and then I finally got a 17 incher. Got a heavier one and he got off because I thought it was a snag and didn't set the hook. Felt heavy so I started reeling (thinking it was tumbleweeds which we mostly caught) in and then the moment it went a lil bit to the right, I figured it was a fish. I just as I was gonna set the hook he took off and felt quite heavy and then, boink, that was all she wrote. Dammit. Oh well.

Ended the night at sundown with a story to tell. We caught (well, I caught) 4 walleyes and one was a keeper. Butter sounds good right about now. See y'all out there.

1eyeReD
Water cloudy brown and muddied over most of the north shoreline, especially east of the inlet. Nice day.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Oneeye,

Welcome to fishing with the hippies in Boulder. Hopefully, none of the tree-huggers got down on you about putting hooks into the fish (would not surprise me if they did).

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fish Fondler said:
Oneeye,

Welcome to fishing with the hippies in Boulder.  Hopefully, none of the tree-huggers got down on you about putting hooks into the fish (would not surprise me if they did).
I know man, I've heard stories about that before. Lucky of us, we didn't get approached by any anti-fishing people. Having naked dudes walk by you within spittin' distance is bad enough. Oh and check this, one of these exposed fools decided to swim around and right in front of where we had our lines out too. P*ssed me off!! We were there 1st ones there. I conclude to this. I will not go to Boulder Res on weekends anymore. Too many pleasure boaters anyway

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
catfishking said:
are u still allowed to go up that dirt road and fish from the dam how do u get to the inlet thanks
You can't drive up the road no more. You've gotta hike from Coot Lake. Park at Coot Lake and just walk the bike path all the way to the inlet. It's on the north shore of the lake. Be prepared for a crowd on weekends... And naked hippies (yuk).

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
1eyeReD,

Funny story. I thought Coot Lake was the happenin' spot for the nudies. Seems to be spreading :eek: :eek: :eek:...

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
1eye if you didnt want me swimming next to you, you could have just asked. I would have left. :p

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL!!

One of my buddies who came by when we were there had his kid. That's just wrong for a child to see that!!

As for the two ladies on the boat out in front of the inlet, however..... ::)
We'll just tell the kid to cover his eyes.. While we 'catch fish'.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Yeah, I made a note not to take cody to that lake if I ever head up that way.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hit Bldr. Res. Saturday PM after the sun came out. Between 6:30-and 7:30 caught four walleyes off the docks just south of the dam. Largest was a 19" (I kept) and the rest 16" or smaller on a chartreuse Twister w/a leach. Serious fishermen should avoid this lake on weekends unless weather too nasty for skiers/streakers. My buddy showed up about 7:30 and caught a 19" walleye off the dock west of the boat ramp. The docks are posted "no fishing", but I have never been kicked off as I only work the docks when there is minimal boat traffic. For what it's worth, I've alway caught more fish near the inlet than I have off the dam.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts