Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checked the lake out a few days ago before it got cold, and it was completely frozen over, but not thick enough to stand on. I'm guessing that with all this cold weather it might be getting close to safe. Has anyone ice fished it, or is anyone thinking about it? Just curious.....
rob

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
I was thinking about it too, but aint too sure if it's safe. Need at least 6" of ice before I even think about  it. PM me if you go.

1eyeReD

·
Registered
157 Posts
Glad to hear that ! only a few more shots at the northern front range lakes for safe ice. Been to busy for the drive to the mtns or even south this season except for the Granby tourney .
Ive iced Boulder res quite a few times in years past mainly by the dam and did ok , jigging yellow curly tails sometimes tipped with crawler for walleyes . The other hole with the basic ice jigs and mealy for trout and perch. but it seems just like in the summer time you either slay em big time or go home wondering why ya only got one bite . at least thats my experiance.
off of 63rd about 1/4 mile from hwy119 you used to be able to turn into the Fishermans Cove parking area and it put you right at south end of the damn (no long carry) but last i saw it never reopened since 9-11.
post a update if you check out the ice again.

·
Registered
166 Posts
For those of you whom have ice fished here what is the easiest access. Durring the summer we usually park before the gate and walk in or walk in from over by Coot lake. Is the gate open to drive in further?

·
Registered
157 Posts
dont know about this season if the gates are open.
the coot lake parking area gets kinda crowded on the weekends form all the dog walkers and "fitness" people that look at ya funny if your carrying gear :-\

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is one gate open and you can drive down and park right next to the dam nearly. No fees this time of year. tight lines

1 - 7 of 7 Posts