Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever fish it in winter? Can you ice fish it at all?

Just wanted to see if anyine has any input on Boulder res ice fishing.

Thanks
JT

L

·
0 Posts
i have seen people draggin huts out and yes u can ice fish it as far as i know but when i saw people out there it was mid jan and that was a couple years ago. decent size wallys but the trout pop. has declined over the last 10 yrs.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Yea i have fished Boulder a few times not in the least couple yrs but you can...me and the old man used to go up quite a bit when i was a kid and do pretty well.. its nice if ya just wanna get away for a few hours......ive also had luck at the bottom of the dam at all different times of the yr no monsters small fish but pretty lookin and fun!

·
Registered
157 Posts
used to be able to park at "fishermans point"
off 63rd , east side of the lake and right at the dam. for those that dont like the long treks to hardwater but unfourtunately that parking area by the dam is still closed off since shortyly after 9-11.
anyway we used to get some small but decent walleye
action jiggin Mr.Twisters tipped with a chunk of crawler.
couple years back they put in some shad ,didnt fish it this past summer but some guys told me the walleyes are looking a lot better.

L

·
0 Posts
My grandfather's biggest walley there was 15 lbs 35 in. back in the early 90's caught on whole night crawlers on the south dam. It was open water though. He used to kill em there a while back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts