Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was thinking about heading out to Boulder Reservoir within the next couple of days depending on weather, and was wondering if anyone could tell me all the fish that are in the lake, and maybe a tip or two about fishing it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Tight Lines

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
My friend went the other day and landed a 26 inch bow. That was all he caught though. I'd say it was luck, because we haven't seen too much trout come out of that lake ever since the mid to late 90's when it was often stocked or so I think.

Smallies like the flats on the northern shoreline. Catfish too. Other than that, I could tell you this, them fish get picky sometimes.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I've heard reports of big walleyes outta there....hey 1eyered, you go there a lot, don't you? what's the biggest you caught outta there?

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
wiper_stalker said:
I've heard reports of big walleyes outta there....hey 1eyered, you go there a lot, don't you?  what's the biggest you caught outta there?
Oh man, this is embarrassing.. 18 inches. I've heard numerous stories of Cherry Creek quality walleyes there, but I tell you this, that lake takes a lot of hours to land anything worthy. The catfish on the other hand are quite impressive. When the bite is consistant, its consistant... So is the size of the catfish. Last year in March, my boy Gerber and I went there and caught 3 that were 25 inches and up. His was 30 inches. The year before I must have caught like 10 that were all 6 to 10 lbs. I only go catfishing there like two to three times a year though.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My biggest Walleye out of Boulder reservoir was 31 inches and weighed 9 1/2 pounds!
I'll get the pic scanned and show ya'll.

I am the opposite of eyered, I have put lots of time in for the cats but have struggled, but I have caught lots of walleyes out of there.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, well it looks like I have a some large fish to target, hopefully I can catch a big un.

·
Registered
53 Posts
rob said:
Wow, well it looks like I have a some large fish to target, hopefully I can catch a big un.
Tip on walleyes at Boulder reservoir....3" chartruese mister twisters tipped with just a tiny piece of crawler for scent, fished along the north dam! ;D

If you are in a boat, Husky Jerks will work too!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Oh ya, during the day, I have done well vertically jigging a lead head jig with a crawler and a stinger hook from a float tube around the marina area. There is a point to the left of the boat ramp and about 70 yards out from that is a pile of submerged Christmas tree's. Fishing in this area is good until the personal watercraft users get out in full force. I have caught lots of walleyes in this area. One time I even saw a guy catch 3 cats in the 8-10 pound range ICE FISHING over the trees. :eek:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ya, Saturday will be a good day to fish for hot women and laugh at drunk idiots, but as far as fishing for fish goes, FORGET IT THIS SATURDAY! ::)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts