Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
My friend went the other day and landed a 26 inch bow. That was all he caught though. I'd say it was luck, because we haven't seen too much trout come out of that lake ever since the mid to late 90's when it was often stocked or so I think.

Smallies like the flats on the northern shoreline. Catfish too. Other than that, I could tell you this, them fish get picky sometimes.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
wiper_stalker said:
I've heard reports of big walleyes outta there....hey 1eyered, you go there a lot, don't you?  what's the biggest you caught outta there?
Oh man, this is embarrassing.. 18 inches. I've heard numerous stories of Cherry Creek quality walleyes there, but I tell you this, that lake takes a lot of hours to land anything worthy. The catfish on the other hand are quite impressive. When the bite is consistant, its consistant... So is the size of the catfish. Last year in March, my boy Gerber and I went there and caught 3 that were 25 inches and up. His was 30 inches. The year before I must have caught like 10 that were all 6 to 10 lbs. I only go catfishing there like two to three times a year though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts